I've found it's much easier to stay on budget when I have a PLAN for the week of what's for dinner. It makes things much less stressful when I come home- and if I have a plan I'm much less likely to take the easy way out and drive through for fast food on the way home.
Here's my plan for the week. We decided to get pizza on Saturday to watch the basketball games, so didn't end up picking up any fish.
Monday: Leftover Italian Meatloaf from last week
Tuesday: Crock Pot Whole Chicken
- HT Whole Fryer Chicken .59/lb from raincheck
- Mashed Potatoes - $1.99 5 lb bag from Lowes until 4/5
- Frozen Veggies from HT sale
- Tofu $.94 from Super Doubles last week
- Carrots from sale weeks ago
- Veggie Rice $ .19 from Super Doubles last week
Friday: Shrimp Pasta
- Hoping shrimp will be on sale somewhere....
- Philly Cooking Creme free from SD
- Pasta free from SD
- Frozen Broccoli
Sunday: Burgers from freezer