Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Meals 5/23

I've found it's much easier to stay on budget when I have a PLAN for the week of what's for dinner. It makes things much less stressful when I come home- and if I have a plan I'm much less likely to take the easy way out and drive through for fast food on the way home.

We didn't go to the beach last weekend, but we are definitely heading there on Friday! It makes things a little trickier with planning for leftovers- but no complaints here!

Monday: Fish Tacos- I made way too much Chipotle Mayo last week. I probably wouldn't have made these so close together, but I'm afraid the sauce will go bad.
  • Gorton's Fish from Meal Deal @ HT 2 weeks ago
  • Leftover taco shells from last week
  • Tomatoes from Farmer's Market last week, lettuce marked down at HT
Tuesday: NC BBQ w/ Salad
  • Boston Butt Pork Roast 1.29/lb @ HT through Tuesday (this thing is HUGE- I'll probably cut it in half and freeze the half I don't cook)
  • Tomatoes from Farmer's Market last week, lettuce marked down at HT
Wednesday: Baked Chicken Thighs  w/ potatoes and frozen veggies (didn't get to this last week)
  • Chicken Thighs were marked down at Lowe's about a month ago
  • Potato wedges from freezer
  • Veggies from .33 sale @ HT
Thursday: Leftover BBQ

Friday: Heading to the beach!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    You've got a great menu this week. I have to say the fish tacos is my favorite this week. Don't forget to add your link to my Marvelous Menu Meme Linky so I can come visit you too.
    Nina
    Ask Ms Recipe

    ReplyDelete